Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Faculty
Job Number: FY2300939
Closing: 5/24/2023 11:59 PM Mountain
Location: 800 W University Parkway, Orem
Division: College of Humanities/Social Science
The Department of Languages and Cultures at Utah Valley University invites applications for a Lecturer Instructor position in Spanish for Utah’s dual language immersion high school Bridge Program beginning July 1, 2023. The courses to be taught are designed as an advanced language pathway for high school students who have passed the AP Spanish Language and Culture exam. A successful candidate must be qualified to teach upper division (3000 level) literature and culture, deliver instruction face-to-face to high school students, and collaboratively partner with the high school instructor for lesson delivery and assessment. Sections of the Spanish Bridge Program will be offered at high schools in Utah County. The instructor’s schedule will be tied to the high schools’ schedules. Candidate will teach each assigned section once a week, and schedules will be coordinated between the high school locations. The instructor must drive between locations on instructional days.
- Graduation from a regionally accredited institution with a master’s degree or doctorate in a related field to the coursework being taught.
- Knowledge and skill in current instructional theories, strategies, techniques, and discipline content.
- Before date of hire, ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview score of Advanced-High or higher within the last 3 years.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of Spanish language and Spanish-speaking cultures.
- Instructional strategies and techniques for communicative Spanish-language instruction for students at Intermediate to Advanced proficiency levels.
- Instructional strategies and techniques for classroom management learner motivation. Student learning evaluation strategies.
- ACTFL proficiency guidelines and modes of communication.
- Native or near-native proficiency of Spanish.
- Instructor teaching evaluation (peer and self).
- Curriculum development and program assessment.
- Human relations and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work Monday to Friday with a variable schedule.
- Ability to make it to different high school locations throughout week.
How to apply
To apply, please visit
Apply for this Job