Staff & Executive – Administrative & Support
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Instructional Designer for Online and Hybrid Learning. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Instructional Design within Teaching and Learning with Technology (TLT), the Instructional Designer (ID) collaborates with faculty and staff in the design and development of online, hybrid, and face-to-face courses involving use of a learning management system (LMS).
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Works collaboratively with faculty and provides recommendations on pedagogical best practices as they relate to the delivery of online course content. Topic areas may include, but are not limited to: course design, accessibility, universal design for learning, asynchronous and synchronous course delivery, assessments, and evaluation.
- Performs regular needs assessments, material production, and research as it relates to online instruction.
- Provides LMS, related educational technology workshops, and hands-on training to faculty and administrative staff as necessary.
Position Status: Full Time
Daily Work Shift: Day
Consistent with the current application of Rutgers Policy 60.3.22, this position may be eligible for a hybrid work arrangement.
The flexible work arrangements outlined in Rutgers Policy 60.3.22 are part of a pilot program that is effective September 1, 2022 through August 31, 2023. Therefore, there is no guarantee that this flexible work arrangement will continue beyond that date. Flexible work arrangements are not permanent, are subject to change or cancellation and contingent on the employee receiving approval in the FlexWor[email protected] Application System. Additional information may be found at https://futureofwork.rutgers.edu.
Annual Minimum Salary: 70752.000
Annual Mid Range Salary: 89501.000
Annual Maximum Salary: 108250.000
Standard Hours: 37.50
Union Description: Admin Assembly (MPSC)
Payroll Designation: PeopleSoft
Rutgers offers a comprehensive benefit program to eligible employees. For details, please go to http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview.
Rutgers also offers a benefit program to eligible full-time postdoctoral fellow students. For details, please go to https://finance.rutgers.edu/healthcare-risk/insurance/postdoctoral-health-insurance.
Terms of Appointment: Staff – 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility: ABP
Minimum Education and Experience
- A minimum of a Master’s degree, and experience as an educator or instructional designer.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess a strong knowledge of pedagogy including how to design lessons, develop objectives, and align them with appropriate activities.
- Requires knowledge of principles, practices, and techniques of designing, developing, delivering, and evaluating educational programs.
- Requires good interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills. Must have the ability to facilitate and present instructional materials; assess technology and software programs and identify advantages and limitations of using various technologies for instructional purposes; effectively communicate technical information to a non-technical audience; and establish cooperative working relationships.
- Requires a strong understanding of Canvas LMS.
- First level Quality Matters (APPQMR) certified or equivalent such as OLC’s OSCQR Course Design Review.
- Prior teaching experience.
- Experience using technologies to produce multimedia content (Camtasia, Powtoons, Adobe Premier Pro, Final Cut, Avid, Adobe After Effects) or content creation tools (Adobe Captivate or Articulate Storyline).
- Prior employment in an academic setting or experience working directly with higher education staff and/or faculty.
- Macbook Pro (both OSX and Virtual Windows operating system)
- Microsoft Office Suite – daily use
- Learning Management systems (Canvas, Moodle, Sakai, Blackboard)
- Video Hosting platforms such as Kaltura
- Web conferencing software such as Zoom, WebEx, Microsoft Teams, and BigBlueButton,
- Respondus Lockdown Browser, Respondus Monitor, and Assessment manager
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Content creation software such as Adobe Captivate and Articulate Storyline
Regional Campus: Rutgers University-New Brunswick
How to apply
If you apply for this position or indicate an interest advise the HR person you saw this advertisements on jobs.world.edu