Classification Title: Senior Staff Assistant
Business Reporting and Systems
Posting Number: P220191
Professional Appointment Term
The Office of Business Reporting and Systems within Business Services is seeking a
Staff Assistant / Business Trainer to develop and execute training plans, create training materials and classes, schedule classes into facilities, and provide software instruction to university employees. This individual will review results and trainee feedback to improve materials and classes, as well as identify and develop additional software and business process training opportunities. Duties included are:
- Assess individual and group training needs
- Plan, prepare, and research lessons
- Develop and deliver in-person and remote courses to individuals and groups in a professional manner
- Organize, prepare and promote courses and customized training materials
- Develop and maintain web-based training materials including videos, instruction manuals, and tip sheets
- Collaborate with project coordination team to develop training plans, course materials and documentation for new software applications
- Apply new technologies to deliver courses and improve the learning experience for users
- Develop and assess learning outcomes for participants
- Keep personal IT and training skills and knowledge up to date
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.
- A bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 2 years experience as trainer/instructor is required
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with people at all levels of the organization is essential
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational, planning, and motivational skills
- Experience with MS Publisher, Word and PowerPoint or similar software is required.
- A bachelor’s degree in education, communications, Human Resources, MIS, computer science
- Prior experience as business software trainer/instructor
- Experience utilizing remote teaching, conferencing, and course development tools like Zoom or Panopto is desired
- Experience utilizing or teaching cloud-based procurement, expense reimbursement, budgeting, and reporting tools is a plus
- Experience in instructional design
- Experience utilizing the administrative functions and features of a Learning Management System such as Blackboard or Saba Learning Management System
- Teacher/trainer and professional certifications are a plus
- Software design/development experience.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected].
Is a background check required for this posting?
Background Check Notification
For non-internal applicants: a selected candidate will have to complete and pass a background check prior to appointment.
Contact’s Name: Kelly Stich
Contact’s Title: Administrative Staff Assistant
Contact’s Email: [email protected]
Contact’s Phone: 716-645-6074
Deadline for External Applicants: 06/29/2022
How to apply