Join our Team.
Valencia College is seeking Part Time Faculty, Biology to join our dedicated, passionate faculty team. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of general Biology, Anatomy & Physiology, Microbiology, or related field. Experience teaching online, on-campus, or in a mixed mode format is preferred.
As one of the largest community colleges in Florida, Valencia College helps shape the lives of more than 75,000 students each year. But it’s not our size that makes us great. We strive to ensure that equal access to higher education belongs to everyone, because the future does, too.
Valencia’s students reflect the diversity of our service district, and the college is searching for faculty members who are deeply committed to valuing equity, treating cultural and linguistic diversity as assets, and promoting inclusiveness.
We’re not just any college. And you’re just not any employee. You’re someone who is passionate about improving the lives of our students, our team, our community, and, ultimately, our world.
If you want to play a role in shaping the future of students at one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position.
Degree Requirement: A Master’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution with a major in biology, botany, zoology or a related biological science sub-field OR 18 graduate semester hours in biology, botany, zoology or a related biological science sub-field + a Master’s degree.
To view the complete job description for this role, click here
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Paid Time off
- FICA Alternative to Social Security
- Faculty/Instructional Development Opportunities
- Associate Faculty Certification Program
- Flexible work schedule
- Free Lynx bus transportation
- Discount on Valencia Arts and Entertainment Events and so much more
Salary: Part-time Faculty positions are compensated based on the Faculty Salary Schedule. Compensation for part-time faculty is determined according to the highest earned degree and scheduled credit hours or equivalent. Part-Time Faculty course load may vary each semester, with credit hours not typically exceeding 12 per semester.
Work Hours: Teaching assignments may include day, night, or weekend classes.
- Orlando, FL 32811 – West Campus
- Orlando, FL 32801 – Downtown Campus
- Lake Nona, FL 32832 – Lake Nona Campus
- Orlando, FL 32825 – East Campus
- Winter Park, FL 32789 – Winter Park
- Kissimmee, FL 34744 – Osceola Campus
- Kissimmee, FL 34746 – Poinciana Campus
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Closing date: Wednesday June 17, 2020 at 7:00 PM EST
How to apply
For consideration, the following is required for all applicants including current Valencia employees:
- Cover letter and resume
- Completed on-line employment application Include all applicable experience related to the position as it could affect compensation
- Learning-centered statement
- Unofficial transcripts – Please upload your unofficial transcripts when submitting your application. (If the degree is in progress, it must be conferred by the time of hire). Official transcripts may be requested during the selection process.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have any foreign transcripts evaluated prior to submission through an authorized evaluation service such as World Education Services.
- Letters of reference if available
Equal Employment Opportunity
Valencia College is an equal opportunity institution. We provide equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all.