Job ID: 248932
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Part Time
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia’s largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2) committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
With an enrollment of over 1300 students, The Kennesaw State University School of Art and Design provides a rigorous education, offering a BFA degree in Art (concentrations in Art Education, Art History, Ceramics, Graphic Communications, Illustration, Painting and Drawing, Photography, Printmaking, Sequential Art, or Sculpture), a BFA in Digital Animation, and a BAT in Apparel Textiles Technology.
Our facilities provide students with state-of-the-art resources. The new space located at Chastain Pointe houses four large drawing and painting studios and an expansive printmaking area. 5 computer studios in the Visual Arts Building provide industry standard technology for our applied arts disciplines of Graphic Communications, Digital Animation, Illustration and Sequential Art. The Textiles facilities are on the Marietta campus.
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a pool of open rank, part-time faculty positions in the School of Art and Design for the academic year 2022-2023. These positions are on an as needed basis. Rank is determined at the time of hiring and will be commensurate with experience.
- Teaching undergraduate and/or graduate courses.
- Teach beginning, intermediate, and/or advanced courses in the areas of Art History, Art Education, Textiles, Graphic Design, Ceramics, Comics, Digital Animation, Drawing, Illustration, Painting, Photography, Printmaking and Sculpture.
- Teaching and working with a culturally and an ethnically diverse community
Other responsibilities might include the following:
- Student teaching/clinical supervision
Teaching assignments will be based on earned degrees and SACSCOC Faculty Credentials Guidelines.
An earned Master’s degree, or the foreign equivalent, in Art with concentrations in any of the disciplines listed above, and at least 18 graduate credit hours in the teaching discipline is required for teaching undergraduate courses.
A Terminal/Doctorate degree, or the foreign equivalent, in Art Education, Art History or a related field such as Museum Studies is required for teaching graduate courses.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- awareness and sensitivity towards promoting an inclusive and diverse learning environment
- knowledge of field of specialization, particularly in technical proficiency
- knowledge of or experience in implementing a variety of teaching strategies
- ability to teach effectively at the college level
- Knowledge of field of specialization, particularly in technical proficiency.
- Knowledge of or experience in implementing a variety of teaching strategies; ability to teach effectively at the college level.
- Prior teaching experience at the university level desirable.
- Experience teaching on-line or hybrid courses is desirable.
- For faculty in the areas of Graphic Communication, Digital Animation, Illustration, Sequential Art, textiles, proficiency in Adobe Creative Suites and other software related to disciplines.
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact [email protected].
For more information or questions about a faculty job posting, please contact Academic Affairs at [email protected]. For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at 877-251-2644, or by email at [email protected]
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
How to apply
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=248932&PostingSeq=1
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts (Official Transcripts Due Upon Hire)