NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Responsible for providing tutoring assistance for students within the discipline area of expertise. Duties include assisting students with coursework, learning strategies, and overall academic skills development.
Base Pay: $15.55. Offer amount based on College’s Salary Schedule guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
(This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary)
- Conducts tutoring sessions with individual or multiple students in person and virtual environments.
- Provides constructive feedback and suggestions on student assignments.
- Creates an engaging learning environment and enhances student confidence and interest in learning.
- Maintains an awareness of current College and department policies and guidelines.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Microsoft Office Professional or similar application
- Content within the tutoring discipline
- Delivering a high level of customer service
- Ability to convey knowledge of the tutorial discipline to others in a practical and comprehensive manner
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing on a regular basis with internal and external customers, build relationships, manage customer expectations, and take responsibility for a high level of service
- Interact in a positive manner with diverse populations and varying education levels of students, faculty, staff, and the public
Licenses, Registration, Certifications, or Special Requirements:
- Regular physical attendance required
- In-person and remote tutoring experience
Work Environment and Physical Demand:
- Reach and grasp objects
- Use of video display terminal
- Use of manual dexterity and fine motor skills
- Identify and distinguish colors and shades of color
- Communicate information orally and in writing
- Receive and understand information through oral and written communication
- Proofread and check documents for accuracy
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Work a fluctuating work schedule
This job description is intended to be generic in nature and describe the essential functions of the job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The essential duties, functions and responsibilities, and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.
Please review the following information in order to apply for a position at Palm Beach State College:
- Carefully review the minimum qualifications advertised for the available position as only applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be considered.
- Background Check/ Drug Screen may be required based on the specific requirements of the position for which the application is being submitted. Employment is contingent upon the passing of a drug test and upon completion of a criminal background investigation.
- An important goal of the Office of Human Resources is to respond to all applicants once a selection is made. Please take notice of the position closing date advertised. Whenever positions are filled, the Office of Human Resources responds to all applicants who have submitted applications.
This position is open until filled
How to apply
If you apply for this position or indicate an interest advise the HR person you saw this advertisements on jobs.world.edu